Student Data Privacy
Sargent School District cares deeply about the privacy of our students. We are committed to ensuring that their data is protected in every instance, and that we are in compliance with the Colorado Student Data Transparency and Security Act (HB 16-1423) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
What information do we collect and submit to the Colorado Department of Education?
- What Std Data is Collected-CDE
- Data Elements Collected by DCS-PII&Aggregate 10.20.15-1
What information do we collect in addition to the data elements on the above lists?
- Household Information: Parent Name, Address, E-mail Address Phone Numbers, Relationship
- Medical Information: Health Conditions, Immunizations, Medications, Vision/Hearing Screening, Dr. of Record
- Academic Performance Data: Assessments, Learning Activities, Transcripts, Grades, Attendance, Fees ,Communication Records, Learning Accommodations, Disciplinary Incident Details, Schedules, Locker Assignments, Currently Checked-out Media, Account Access Logs
How do we share and use student personally identifiable information (PII)?
- To improve instruction and student achievement
- To complete state and federal reporting requirements
- Accountability purposes
For more information, please use this link to visit Colorado Department of Education’s website: CDE Data Privacy and Security
What “School Service Contract Providers” do we contract with?
- Infinite Campus
- CIC Contract
- Computer Lab Consulting
Sargent Board Policies Pertaining to Student Information
- JRCB, JRCB-R Privacy and Protection of Confidential Student Information
- JRA/JRC Student Records/Release of Information on Students
- JRCA Sharing of Student Records/Information Between District and State
- KD Public Information/Communications
- KDB, KDB-R Right to Know, Freedom of Information
Notice to On-Demand School Service Providers
If the District ceases using or refuses to use an on-demand school service provider pursuant to C.R.S. § 22-16-107, the name of the on-demand school service provider will be posted below along with any written response that the on-demand school service provider submits. The District will also notify the Colorado Department of Education, which will post on its website the on-demand provider’s name and any written response.