The Sargent Early Learning Center is a Cooperative Learning Center with a developmentally appropriate program for preschool children. The program has been developed to be a positive experience to enhance self-esteem, social skills, developed motor skills and cognitive learning. These skills are developed through play, music and movement, readiness activities and learning centers.
The children are under the guidance of a caring professional staff. The school provides a model preschool for children ages 1 through 5 and follows the Sargent School district calendar. The center is a licensed facility with a maximum of 60 children.
- We offer daycare classrooms for toddlers ages 1-3 and preschool classrooms for children ages 3-5.
- We currently offer morning preschool Monday-Thursday from 8:00-11:00 am. Our full day program is Monday-Thursday 8:00-4:00.
- We also offer extended care from 7:30-8:00 am and 4:00-5:00 pm. We are a tuition based program with multiple tuition-assistance options. Qualifying preschoolers can apply for free or reduced tuition
- We also accept the Colorado Childcare Assistance Program.
- Early Headstart is available for qualifying children ages 1-3.
Katrina Brown graduated from Sargent High School in 2005 and is happy to be back in the Sargent Community. Katrina has been working closely with children for 18 years. Most recently, she served as the assistant director at Trinity Lutheran.
She currently has a Colorado Shines level 3 and an AA in Early Childhood. She currently lives in Alamosa with her husband Dylan of 16 years and their three teenage children.
Website: SELC Site
7072 N. Cnty. Rd. 2 E., Monte Vista, CO 81144