Phone: (719) 852-4026
Fax: (719) 852-4029
Location: 2172 N. Road 8 East (1 mile North, 1/2 mile East of School)
Mailing address: 7090 N. Road 2 East, Monte Vista, CO 81144.Email
- All route and field trip buses have cell phones to be used in emergency situations.
- Field trip guidelines call for safety issues to be considered prior to approval.
- Small vehicle drivers must attend a 3-4 hour hands-on training with the transportation director and pass a written test initially and annually thereafter (required to transport students).
- Bus drivers must obtain a CDL along with 40 hours of classroom instruction
as well at the following requirements: MVR’s are checked annually, pre-employment as well as random drug and alcohol testing, current first aid training and DOT physical, annually complete a driving evaluation, two emergency evacuation drills and pass the CDE written test, complete 6 hours of in-service training and to qualify to drive trips out of the Valley, complete mountain training.
- Safety rules for transportation workers have been promulgated.